Friday, January 16, 2015

Poem #3

1) Mom
2)Dad
3)Brother
4)Sister
5)Grandparents

1) My grandma's Greatest obstacle was being japanese during WWII
2)My grandma is fearless
3)Her greatest feat was raising 2 kids
4)My greatest hope for this person is that she will not be alone
5)I would like to ask why, when, where, and how



My Grandma

Fingerprints washed away like chalk on a rainy day
She hid from US soldiers in Hawaii even though she was born in the US but was of Japanese descent
She told stories of about the 40s when she had to turn her lights off because if they were on the the "Japs" knew where to bomb.

My Grandma has been through the ringer, there is no doubt
She was fearless though and it shows
She motivates me to push myself past the limit, she says "Make it count, every single !@#$%^Z& minute!" She raised two kids one of them my Mom
She said my Mom was a brat and my uncle a troublemaker
She raised these kids who as infants were "Horrific" in the middle of the Pacific.

My greatest hope for her is that she is not alone.
Her second husband died at the hands of cancer
So I want to ask if there is a God, why, when, where, and how did you do this to her
After all she has been through?
So I don't want to ask, I'd rather say I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment