Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Precious knowledge

1)"I've never met a kid with a dysfunctional relationship with learning, but Iv'e met a lot of kids with a dysfunctional relationship with school"
I agree with this quote because children are naturally filled with wonder about the world, however simultaneously children are naturally bored easily so I believe the problem is not the kids refusal to learn, but rather the schools ignorance to the fact that students learn differently.

2)"When you grow up in a poor area you don't have the same chances as everyone else"
In regards to being children dependent  on their guardians, yes I agree. However in regards to the child's future, I disagree because the child has an opportunity to shape ones future by trying hard in school and knowing not to go down a poor path.

3) I think the first quote is powerful because it shows how the American education system needs to be reformed and how in order to do so we need to allow for some cultural diffusion, which may result in a loss of some American culture, but will unite in more so than ever.      

4) I question this quote because in my experience meeting people who built companies from nothing, or who came from very little money and eventually rose up to the top one percent, they had the same educational opportunities as everyone else. 

5) They gather around in the class room and have a civil discussion about grievances or issues that needs to be addressed and they all eventually unite behind a single cause. 

No comments:

Post a Comment